POSITION: Kitchen Cook
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Kitchen Cook for SMG/Stockton Arena. This position works in the main kitchen and in concessions and is responsible for preparing food items for the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises temporary labor.
- Fulfills the service per each Banquet Event Order (BEO).
- Prepares recipes as directed.
- Maintains all kitchen equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance.
- Designs buffet food presentations.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no Supervisory Responsibilities for this position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- 1 year experience in a banquet facility preparing meals for large events
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications, and problem solving
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form
- Work independently, exercising good judgment and initiative
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others while working
- Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends, and holidays
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, lifting, stooping, and walking. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
There are no Computer Skills that are required for the position
- Food Handler's Permit or ability to obtain one upon hire
- Attend all SMG Alcohol and Policy Training Classes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
External Candidates apply here:
248 W. Fremont St.
Stockton, CA 95203
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 209.373.1400.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ