» Future Notification - SMG (Various Cities, XX)
To apply please click on the following link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?d=External&c=1152751&d
POSITION: Lieutenant/Watch Commander
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
REPORTS TO: Operations Captain
FLSA STATUS: Hourly-Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Lieutenant/Watch Commander for SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as Watch Commander and directs the actions and posting of all Public Safety Department personnel. Responsible for maintaining the safety and security of facilities and grounds of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Smoothie King Center, and Champions Square by preventing crime and vandalism; preserve public peace; maintain parking control and enforcement of parking regulations on SMG property. Responsible for shift administrative paperwork (Shift logs, Incident Reports, etc.).
· Patrols Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Smoothie King Center and Champions Square at assigned area and/or stands at a fixed point to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect facility assets
· Response to general and emergency calls to assist visitors, employees, and clients
· Conducts preliminary investigations relevant to disturbances within an assigned area
· Completes incident reports as required
· Participates in event planning efforts and coordinates with clients. Provides security for highly valuable property, such as equipment, material, grounds, etc.
· Checks persons on the premises to determine if they possess proper identification and are authorized to be present on property
· Intervenes in disturbances/incidents to maintain peace or restore order. Effect arrests where warranted and authorized
· Erects and moves barricades, temporary signs, and other barriers for parking or crowd control
· Supervises part-time and temporary employees as required
· Directs traffic on an interim basis on Superdome property
· Requests tow truck(s) to remove illegally parked vehicles
· Issues parking citations for parking violations
· Provide overall supervision to all Shift personnel
· Conducts and oversees the shift equipment inventory and related paperwork
· Oversees security officers on specified shifts ensuring proper attire, timeliness to work and proper coverage of grounds
· All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of 1-year security or police experience preferred
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must be able to work 1st watch, 2nd watch or 3rd watch and any day of the week, including holidays
· Law enforcement or security related background preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Must be able to obtain a Special Officer’s Commission through N.O.P.D.
· Must possess a valid Louisiana Driver’s License at time of appointment and throughout employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours, talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building as needed.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
By creating a profile here, you are not considered an applicant for any particular job with SMG. Rather, you can be notified of positions with SMG as they become posted that match the notification buttons you checked on this application form. If you wish to update your information, go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of this page, put in your email address and the password you used to create your profile.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ