» Future Notification - SMG (Various Cities, XX)
POSITION: Public Safety Captain
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
REPORTS TO: Assistant Chief of Public Safety
FLSA STATUS: Salaried/Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Public Safety Captain SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provides management overall security personnel to maintain the security of facilities and grounds of the SMG campus by preventing crime and vandalism; preserve the public peace, and/or, to maintain traffic and parking control and enforcement of traffic and parking regulations. Oversees administrative and management functions necessary to ensure efficient departmental operations.
· Oversees appropriate Public Safety Department personnel, training programs, payroll, and accounting
· Develops policy guidelines
· Recommends disciplinary actions
· Conducts internal investigations
· Conducts inspections and audits to assure quality of service of subordinate personnel
· Intervenes in disturbances/incidents to maintain peace or to restore order
· Effect arrests where warranted and authorized
· Performs other related duties as directed
· Review the work performance to all subordinate personnel
· Serves as an informational source to the public for company activities and events such as athletic events, conferences, performances, etc.
· Overall supervision of full-time watch personnel.
· Overall supervision and placement of event personnel.
· Develop, implement and administer training for department personnel.
· Review and approve incident reports.
· Maintain electronic report writing system.
· Conduct follow-up investigations.
· Coordinate and supervise contract security vendor(s); including invoice reconciliation.
· Plan, coordinate and execute pre-event setup; including requests for re-keying of areas.
· Manage part-time staffing operation; including reconciliation of cost settlements.
· Maintain various inventory including uniforms and equipment.
· Complete necessary purchase requisitions.
· Coordinate with police detail commanders on staffing levels.
· Determine police staffing in coordination with Parking and Event Services Departments for exterior police coverage (Parking and Traffic Police).
· Reconcile police staffing and administer police payroll system.
· Process new hire packets for police detail officers.
· Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks of CCTV, panic alarm and card access systems.
· Coordinate rewards and recognition program for department personnel.
· Monitor attendance of all personnel.
· Coordinate and maintain Lost & Found program.
· Create and distribute employee identification cards.
· Maintain filing system in areas of responsibility.
· Coordinate with NOPD Special Officer Division relative to commissions for armed personnel.
· Conduct inspections and audits to ensure quality of service performance.
· All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Supervisory skills preferred
· Law enforcement supervisory experience preferred
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must be able to obtain a Special Officers Permit through N.O.P.D. immediately upon hire and must maintain an active commission at all times. No exceptions.
· Must possess a valid Louisiana Driver’s license at the time of appointment and throughout employment
Education and/or Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours; run, climb and talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
By creating a profile here, you are not considered an applicant for any particular job with SMG. Rather, you can be notified of positions with SMG as they become posted that match the notification buttons you checked on this application form. If you wish to update your information, go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of this page, put in your email address and the password you used to create your profile.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ