» Future Notification - SMG (Various Cities, XX)
Job Title: Box Office Manager
Reports To: Director of Finance
Supervises: Assistant Box Office Manager, Part-time Ticket Sellers
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Box Office Manager at the ShoWare Center in Kent, WA. This position will oversee ticket sales and all aspects of box office operations.
- Directs and oversees the internal control of daily operations as outlined in the SMG Box Office Manual.
- Coordinates all event information between the promoter, facility personnel and the ticket company in a timely manner.
- Works with event promoter and appropriate personnel to establish ticket pricing and seating configuration.
- Builds and modifies all computer ticket events and issues computer access codes to facility management.
- Coordinates the house scale for all ticket events.
- Monitors daily ticket sales for all upcoming events and communicates information to the Director and promoter representative.
- Prepares cash bank and daily accurate inventory of all tickets distributed and available for sale.
- Prepares and presents the final box office statement for settlement of each event.
- Responds to customer complaints and service requests to maintain a positive rapport with the ticket buying public.
- Supervises, instructs, and trains ticket sellers as to the proper selling procedures.
- Assists or sells tickets as needed.
- Maintains accurate record of daily balance of cash received, tickets sold, and change bank/vault.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
- Additional responsibilities as required by Director of Finance and/or General Manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience in Accounting and customer service.
- Box Office experience in a similar environment strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
625 W James St.
Kent, WA 98032
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 253-856-6706.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
By creating a profile here, you are not considered an applicant for any particular job with SMG. Rather, you can be notified of positions with SMG as they become posted that match the notification buttons you checked on this application form. If you wish to update your information, go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of this page, put in your email address and the password you used to create your profile.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ