» Future Notification - SMG (Various Cities, XX)
SMG / Save Mart Center at Fresno State has an immediate opening for a full-time Event Manager.
Under general supervision, coordinates all event preparation and performance aspects related to the facility. Acts as liaison between the facility and tenants ensuring all tenant requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to. Responsible for the management of all patron services employees.
· Communicate with tenants to obtain necessary technical requirements and other event related information.
· Inspect buildings and specific meeting areas to evaluate suitability for occupancy, considering such factors as air circulation, lighting, location, room size, and event requirements.
· Ensure that the equipment, physical set-up and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event and the tenant’s contractual agreement.
· Develop assignment schedules for all staffing requirements for the proper presentation of event.
· Hires, schedules, supervises and manages part-time front of house staffing including patrons services, event security, and medical staff.
· Ensure all pertinent information is obtained, compiled in event files and distributed to proper entities. This includes but is not limited to compiling, filing, and distributing medical service reports, incident reports, ejections, arrest, parking lists, staffing schedules, payroll and turnstile/stub reports.
· Coordinate with the Box Office regarding technical and production requirements that impact sights lines and/or cause seating obstructions.
· Oversee the participation of related departments, such as operations, police, traffic, for facility activities.
· Manage the preparation for upcoming events. Knowledge of methods in setting up/tearing down events, housekeeping/cleaning techniques of large public facilities, exhibiting and show utilities is useful.
· Work irregular schedule to insure proper supervision of all events and activities scheduled in the facility, as required.
· Compile hours for Stagehands, EMTs, Police Officers, or any other subordinate staff or contract staffing.
· Disseminate event information to all departments via event outlines and weekly staff meetings.
· All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Possess knowledge of building operations, maintenance, practices and safety requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (continued)
· Coordinate and satisfy the requirements of multiple events occurring simultaneously.
· Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
· Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
· Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
· Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS-DOS, MS Windows, Excel, and MS Word.
· Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
· Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
· Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
· Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
· Work in a fast paced environment.
· Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
· Operate CAD computer programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please visit our Career Site at:
For External Candidates:
For Internal Candidates:
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
By creating a profile here, you are not considered an applicant for any particular job with SMG. Rather, you can be notified of positions with SMG as they become posted that match the notification buttons you checked on this application form. If you wish to update your information, go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of this page, put in your email address and the password you used to create your profile.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ