» Future Notification - SMG (Various Cities, XX)
POSITION: Event Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Event Operations Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for Event Coordinator at SMG/John Paul Jones Arena. We are seeking an organized and highly motivated individual to serve as the primary point of contact for corporate, private, non-profit, consumer/trade shows, and various other public events. Coordinates events from initial inquiry through the planning stages, up to on-site management the day/night of the event. Provides general support as needed for other events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Serves as the liaison and client representative to provide planning, implementation and delivery of all assigned events at John Paul Jones Arena or other University of Virginia facilities as needed.
· Creates and follows through on events from initial client meetings, preparation of client estimates and rental agreements through final billing. Oversees third-party vendors to ensure quality product and events for clients.
· Coordinates event schedules with contracted security/staffing companies, provides guidance and supervision during events and follows up after all events to ensure proper billing.
· Communicates all event requirements (staffing, set-up plans, etc.) to appropriate departments.
· Sets expectations for guest services, building security, emergency preparation and crowd control procedures for assigned events; monitors compliance and responds to concerns as needed.
· Creates and maintains event files; creates and distributes Event Data Sheets for all events.
· Builds strong client relationships and updates guest history in order to meet their needs and encourage repeat business; works with the Sales & Marketing Team to generate new business revenue.
· Conducts facility tours for prospective clients; assists with general tours as needed.
· Provides general event support for public ticketed events as needed.
· As scheduled, works flexible/varied hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
· Performs the physical duties of the job; walks/stands extensively, maneuvers to all areas of the facility, works inside/outside the building, use a two-way radio, and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University in Hospitality, Tourism Management, Event Management, or similar major.
· 1 to 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office; CAD experience preferred.
· Demonstrated organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and to interact with all levels of staff and clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG-John Paul Jones Arena
295 Massie Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 434-243-2158.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
By creating a profile here, you are not considered an applicant for any particular job with SMG. Rather, you can be notified of positions with SMG as they become posted that match the notification buttons you checked on this application form. If you wish to update your information, go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of this page, put in your email address and the password you used to create your profile.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ