Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
Position: EVENT SALES COORDINATOR
Facility Name: NRG Park
Location: Houston, Texas
POSITION: EVENT SALES COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Full-Time Event Sales Coordinator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Event Sales Coordinator to join our Sales team in this entry level position. The Event Sales Coordinator, under general supervision, sells the meetings and events facilities for small to medium size corporate, private and non-profit organization catering and special events at NRG Park and ensures the efficient co-ordination of customer events from inquiry stage through the planning stages up to the date of the event itself in order to meet 5 star client expectations. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
· Ensure correct and effective selling of meeting and events space for small/medium corporate, non-profit and other events as assigned by Director of Sales using established sales procedures and yield management techniques, enabling achievement of sales targets in accordance with agreed selling strategies.
· Receive, handle, convert and contract client inquiries in line with Sales strategy, being first point of contact, delivering a clear and complete proposal, follow-up and license agreement upon confirmation of event booking.
· Work with clients to assist in determining event requirements for small/medium corporate, private and non-profit organization events, ensuring quality for clients to support achievement of conversion and revenue targets.
· Use creativity to offer clients innovative solutions and add value which can be delivered through expertise and experience of large event planning.
· Communicate effectively with clients throughout the booking process ensuring a full understanding of client requirements; identify areas for further business opportunities; liaise with client when on-site to check satisfaction.
· Maintain effective and proactive communication with the Director of Sales to highlight any future potential sales opportunities to support development of client relationships and growth of future business up-sell and cross-sell all facilities within NRG Park.
· Contact prospective user groups and individuals to initiate corporate, private, and non-profit organization catering and special events, luncheons/dinner, etc.
· Follow-up on leads generated by outside source, build and maintain strong working relationships and deliver sales proposals/presentations to prospective clients, as well as contract preparations.
· Participate actively in training sessions and departmental meetings to develop, share and improve knowledge of the venue, team and product.
· Ensure guests receive a consistently high standard of service through inquiry handling and planning and coordinating event with assigned Event Manager, meeting client expectations of a 5 star property.
· Build strong client relationships and update guest history in order to meet their needs and encourage repeat business Manage client database for prospects and follow-up with clients periodically to assess any future needs.
· Carry out pro-active sales activity within the Sales Office including post-event follow up calls to review guest feedback, attain marketing information and encourage future bookings.
· Conduct facility tours for prospective clients and discuss the facility with site selection committees or designated others.
· Establish expansive network including representatives of local organizations, and hospitality-related industries, such as hotels, convention & visitors bureau, meeting and event planning companies, etc.
· Participate with community and industry related associations, committee study groups and task forces.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· Not Applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
· Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year college of university in hospitality/tourism/event management, marketing, public relations, business administration, public administration or related field and two (2) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
Skills and Abilities
· Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
· Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
· Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
· Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
· Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
· Travel to participate in trade shows and promotional activities on a state, regional and national level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1806.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ